Dear Netsurf Customer,
Kiwilink is planning to migrate your Netsurf.co.nz email address to a new server on Wednesday the 22nd of June. To keep any potential downtime at a minimum, please follow the instructions in this email and read the attached guides thoroughly as you may need to adjust some of your email settings for this migration. Please only change the settings when your e-mails stops working after the migration.
If you are accessing your e-mail via webmail it should continue to work with no issues. Webmail access is via: webmail.netsurf.co.nz.
Please see the instructions below on how to use your webmail.
- Log in using your username and password
- Click on Mail in the top menu
- Click on the Inbox on the left-hand side.
- Change the mail settings to the following:
If you use an e-mail program on your computer such as Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows live then please follow the instructions in this email and read the attached guides thoroughly. The following needs to be updated.
Mail server username: your e-mail address i.e. email@example.com
Incoming mail server: mail.netsurf.co.nz
Outgoing mail server: mail.netsurf.co.nz (server requires authentication)
We have attached a guide that will help you update the settings required.
If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.
Please note that this email is a valid email from Kiwilink Support. and it is NOT a spam or a phishing attack. If you reply to this email, we can validate the email is authentic.
Alternatively, the instructions are available on the support page on the Kiwilink website.
The Kiwilink Internet Support Team
Please see the link below for a copy of this e-mail and all the guides that you may need.
Please find E-mail guides below.
For Mozilla Thunderbird Users,
1) Go to Options > Account Settings >
3) Under Server Settings, change the Server name to mail.netsurf.co.nz
3) Go to Outgoing Server (SMTP) > Select your email and Edit
4) Change the Server Name to mail.netsurf.co.nz
Connection Security as STARTTLS and Authentication Normal Password
For Apple Users
1) Go to Mail > Preferences
2) Under Accounts > Select your email account
3)Change incoming Mail Server change to mail.netsurf.co.nz
4) Press on the drop down menu next to Outgoing Mail server ( SMTP)
5) Change Outgoing Mail Server to mail.netsurf.co.nz and Authentication as Password with your username and password.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 updates
1) Go to File > Info > Account Settings
2) Select your email under Account Settings. Double click it.
3) Change the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers as - mail.netsurf.co.nz
4) Go to More Settings >
Make sure My Outgoing server requires authentication is ticket and it is using the same settings as my incoming mail server