Setting up your Kiwilink UFB Connection
You will need to enter your broadband user name and password into your modem to allow it to connect. If you have purchased a modem from Kiwilink then this will come pre-configured with the user name and password, therefore you will only need to connect it to the right place and wait for the Broadband connection to be completed, if you are not sure on how to connect your equipment, see details below.
Connecting Your Equipment
If you are setting up your Broadband internet for the first time, or are setting it up in a different location, you will need to follow the steps below.
1. Please connect the first port on the Chorus ONT (white unit displayed on the left) to your routers WAN port (unit on the right) which is usually the first port on the router.
2. Next power on your router and wait a few minutes for everything to connect. Finally connect your computers / devices to any of the LAN ports free on the router. You can also connect wirelessly to the default wireless network ‘Kiwilink’.
Configuring Your Modem
If you have purchased a modem from Kiwi link then this will come pre-configured for you, therefore all you will need to do is connect your modem in to the correct place and wait for the connection
However if you are using your own modem to connect with us then, you can access the modem settings through a web browser once you have connected your modem to the computer. The instruction book that came with the modem will give you the IP address to type into the address line of your web browser, and a username/password that lets you access these settings. If you do not have the instruction manual that came with your modem, you can call us and we will try and find this information for you.
MOST modems these days only require the Internet Service Provider’s Username and password to be changed. However, if it is still not working, you may want to try the below instructions as well.
On your computer, to find the default gateway to get access to your modem – please follow these steps:
- On your keyboard press and hold down the Windows key (this is between CTRL and ALT keys) and press R. This will open up the Run window, type in ‘cmd’ and then press Enter or just find "command prompt" in your start menu
- This will open up a black window. In the window, please type ‘ipconfig’ and this will bring up a few details.
Something you need to pay attention to is “Default gateway number” this will be something like ‘192.168.1.1’ or ‘10.1.1.1’, etc. Take this gateway number and type it into your web browser to get access to the modem, to have your username / password changed.
- UFB modem settings:
Note: if you modem does not necessarily need to ask all of the ones below.
- Protocol or connection type should be: PPPoE
- MTU: Auto
- Keep Alive – Enabled
- Authentication: Auto_Auth
Once you have saved the settings, remove the power plug from the back of the modem. 30 seconds later, plug in the modem and turn it on. After approximately a minute your connection should be active and web pages should load properly.
Broadband Data usage Information:
You will receive a monthly invoice (around the 10th of the each month) that includes a summary of the excess data usage charges for the previous month.
You can also log into our online portal http://kiwilink.ipgo.co.nz/index.php to view the details of all your data usage for each previous month. Please note that this portal will be updated every 24hours.
If you need any further help, just give us a call on 0800 894 198.
Kiwilink Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions